Welcome to our Internal Medicine Primary Care Track Residency Program. Please take a moment to review the below guidelines to facilitate your application process.
- We only accept applications via ERAS, the Electronic Residency Application Service. When in the ERAS website, please look for the Primary Care Internal Medicine Program under John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital.
- We start our interview season in October 2016 and continue until January 2017.
- It is preferred that your graduation date from medical school is within the last 3 years.
- Applicants from international medical schools, please make sure to obtain your ECFMG certification before the submission of the 2017 NRMP match.
- We sponsor H-1b visas. Successful completion of the USMLE Step III is part of the requirement for the H-1b visa, as well as securing a valid Illinois Temporary license in the State of Illinois.
Our selective Admissions Review Committee takes a look at each application on an individual basis. We receive over 1,000 applications each year for our program. Due to the vast number of applications, we may not always be able to respond to email and phone status requests. If an interview is to be granted, you will receive an email communication from our program.
For additional information, contact:
Monica Rubio, Program Coordinator
Telephone: (312) 864-4462
John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
1900 W. Polk Street, Suite 912
Chicago, IL 60612