In keeping with our obligations, we are providing the contact information for the state agency to which you may take a grievance:
- Illinois Department of Public Health
Central Complaint Registry
525 W. Jefferson St.
Springfield, IL 62761
Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Phone: (800) 252-4343
TTY: (800) 547-0466
Also, you may take your grievance to this regulatory agency:
- The Joint Commission
Office of Quality Monitoring
One Renaissance Boulevard
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
Phone: (800) 994-6610
Fax: (630) 792-5636
Don’t Be Afraid to…
- Ask for the ID of everyone who comes into your hospital room or exam room.
- Speak up if staff don’t ask to check your ID.
- Ask if the person has washed their hands before they touch you.
- Ask why you need certain tests or procedures, when they will happen, and how long it will be before you get the results.
Patient Rights & Responsibilities are maintained through cooperative agreement between staff, physicians, & patients.
For many of the patient rights and responsibilities, there are facility (hospital or clinic) policies and procedures which govern the process by which these rights and responsibilities are maintained. Patients will be informed of such policies and procedures.
In the event a patient is an un-emancipated minor, these rights and responsibilities also apply to the parent or guardian. Parents and guardians are partners with the healthcare team and participate jointly in the care of their child.
When we refer to the healthcare team, we are including the doctors, nurses, technicians, therapists, staff, and volunteers of Cook County Health & Hospitals System.
If you have concerns about the care you or a family member received, we encourage you to speak with your physician or nurse. Or, if you prefer, call the Department of Patient Relations.
- John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital
Patient Services Coordinator – (312) 864-0185
- Provident Hospital
- Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center
Patient Advocate – (312) 572-4861
- Community Clinics ACHN
- Cook County Department of Public Health
Director, Integrated Health Support Services – (708) 836-8637