Before Your Appointment
Please plan to arrive 30 minutes before your appointment. If you have insurance, Medicare, Medicaid or any clinic cards, please bring them with you along with a photo id and any medications you are currently taking. We are available to help you with applying for any assistance you may be eligible for that will cover all or part of the cost of health services you have received. Call (866) 233-2817 for more information.
Bring What You Need
If you are staying overnight, your comfort is especially important, so bring your robe, pajamas, slippers and basic toiletries such as comb/brush, deodorant, toothpaste, and toothbrush. Plan to bring only essential personal items, such as glasses, dentures, hearing aids, cane, walker or wheelchair. If you have questions about the Admissions process, call (312) 864-2508.
What to Bring for Your Hospital Stay
- Your health insurance plan card.
- Your prescription insurance plan card.
- Personal identification (valid driver’s license, state identification card or passport).
- HMO/PPO referral forms (if required).
- Any outside medical records, X-ray films, or prior test results not taken at this hospital (if your physician has requested them).
- Written letter of authorization from your insurance carrier (if you are covered by worker’s compensation).
- A copy of your advance directive, power of attorney or living will.
- All current medications in their original containers.
- A prepaid phone card if you plan to make toll or long distance calls.
- Reading and writing materials you might want during your stay.
- If desired, a minimum cash amount to pay for newspapers, gift shop articles and other items.
What Not to Bring
- Credit cards
- More than $20 in cash.