Edward S. Linn, M.D., System Department Chair
1900 W. Polk St., 5th FloorChicago, IL 60612
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is an academic affiliate of The Northwestern University McGaw Medical Center and the Feinberg School of Medicine.
The department, led by Dr. Edward Linn, provides a full array of women’s health services in the diverse field reproductive sciences, offering care for women throughout there life, ranging from maternity care for both normal and medically complicated pregnancies to the treatment of advanced pelvic organ disorders.
The John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County is a level III Regional Perinatal Center which provides the highest level of care to pregnant women and their newborns.
System Chair of Obstetrics and Gynecology – Edward Linn, MD
General Obstetrics and Gynecology
Gynecology: Interim Chair – Fidel Abrego, MD
Obstetrical Service: Co-Directors – Radha Malapati, MD & Mary Arlandson, DO
- Obstetrics – complete care for pregnant women is provided in our prenatal clinics, with an emphasis on patient centered care. Innovative group prenatal care is available. The labor and delivery facilities offer private LDRs with all of the modern technological advances.
- Gynecology – diagnosis and management of reproductive system disorders such as pelvic pain, menstrual abnormalities, menopause issues benign pelvic and uterine tumors; endometriosis; incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse; advanced pelvic surgery; minimally invasive surgical techniques.
Department Specialty Divisions
Maternal Fetal Medicine: Division Chair- Tuan Nguyen, MD
Family Planning: System Chair – Ashlesha Patel, MD
Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility: Division Chair- Parto Rezai, MD
Gynecologic Oncology: Division Chair-Edgardo Yordan, MD
In addition to routine obstetrical and gynecologic services, the Obstetrics and Gynecology department is made up of Specialty Divisions which which offer the following services:
- Maternal Fetal Medicine – diagnosis and ongoing care for medically complicated mothers or pregnancies; advanced diagnostic ultrasound evaluations; genetic screening and testing; fetal cardiac ultrasound and heart rate monitoring; chorionic villus sampling; percutaneous umbilical cord sampling.
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility – infertility evaluation and treatment; diagnosis and management of female endocrine disorders, polycystic ovarian syndrome, primary and secondary amenorrhea, galactorrhea, reproductive system anatomical disorders of the female reproductive system.
- Gynecologic Oncology – diagnosis and treatment of ovarian, uterine, cervical, vaginal, vulvar and fallopian tube malignancies; management of gestational trophoblastic diseases.
- Family Planning – contraceptive care including birth control pills, Intrauterine contraceptives, long acting contraceptive injections and implants, surgical female sterilization including tubal ligation and tubal plugging; diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted infections, colposcopy and treatment of cervical dysplasia and other HPV related disorders; HPV vaccination; reproductive health services providing surgical and medical termination of pregnancies.