Edward S. Linn, M.D., System Department Chair
1900 W. Polk St., 5th FloorChicago, IL 60612
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is an academic affiliate of The Northwestern University McGaw Medical Center and the Feinberg School of Medicine.
The department, led by Dr. Edward Linn, provides a full array of women’s health services in the diverse field of reproductive sciences, offering care for women throughout their life, ranging from maternity care for both normal and medically complicated pregnancies to the treatment of advanced pelvic organ disorders.
The John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County is a level III Regional Perinatal Center which provides the highest level of care to pregnant women and their newborns.
CCHHS Chairman of Obstetrics and Gynecology – Edward Linn, MD
Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Gynecology: Division Chairman – Fidel Abrego, MD
- Obstetrics – complete care for pregnant women is in our prenatal clinics throughout the CCHHS health system, with an emphasis on patient centered care. The labor and delivery facilities offer private LDRs with all of the modern technological advances.
- Gynecology – diagnosis and management of reproductive system disorders such as pelvic pain, menstrual abnormalities, menopause issues, benign pelvic and uterine fibroid tumors; endometriosis; incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse; advanced pelvic surgery; minimally invasive surgical techniques.
Department Specialty Divisions
- Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine: Tuan Nguyen, MD, Heather Stanley Christian, MD
- Division of Family Planning: System Chair – Ashlesha Patel, MD
- Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility: Division Chair- Parto Rezai, MD
- Division of Gynecologic Oncology: -Edgardo Yordan, MD, Sameer Sharma
In addition to routine obstetrical and gynecologic services, the Obstetrics and Gynecology department is made up of Specialty Divisions which offer the following services:
- Maternal Fetal Medicine – diagnosis and ongoing care for medically complicated mothers or pregnancies; advanced diagnostic ultrasound evaluations; genetic screening and testing; fetal cardiac ultrasound and fetal heart rate monitoring; [chorionic villus sampling; percutaneous umbilical cord sampling].
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility –diagnosis and management of female endocrine disorders, polycystic ovarian syndrome, primary and secondary amenorrhea, galactorrhea, reproductive system anatomical disorders of the female reproductive system.
- Gynecologic Oncology – diagnosis and treatment of cancer of the ovary, uterus, cervix, vagina, vulvar and fallopian tube ; management of gestational trophoblastic diseases.
- Family Planning – modern contraceptive care including birth control pills, Intrauterine contraception, long acting contraceptive injections and implants, surgical female sterilization including tubal ligation and tubal plugging; diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted infections, colposcopy and treatment of cervical dysplasia and other HPV related disorders; HPV vaccination; reproductive health services providing surgical and medical termination of pregnancies.