Foot Doctors or Podiatrists are physicians and surgeons that are specialized in the treatment of conditions affecting the foot and ankle. Treating patients of all ages; children to adults.
In 2010, 72% of Americans revealed foot pain had prevented them from performing their daily activities.
If your feet hurt, see a Podiatrist.
Some common Foot problems that Podiatrists treat daily via inpatient and outpatient services are:
- Diabetic foot care: foot education, nail care, wound or ulcer care, foot infections
- Foot infections: abscesses, soft tissue infections, gangrene, osteomyelitis
- Common skin and nail conditions: ingrown toenails, fungal toenails, warts, tinea, corns/calluses, blisters
- Biomechanical dysfunctions and musculoskeletal pains: heel pain, bunions, hammertoes, arthritis, tendonitis, flat feet
- Trauma: fractures, soft tissue injury, sprains, lacerations, puncture wounds, sports injuries
- Tumors: masses and cysts
- Conservative and surgical inventions provided, as well.