Surgical oncology is the branch of surgery which focuses on the surgical management of cancer. A Surgical Oncologist is a physician qualified for the surgical treatment of rare, complex and recurrent cancer cases typically seen in cancer centers.
- Department of Surgery (Chair Dr. R. Keen MD)
- Division of General Surgery (Chair Dr. H. Richter MD)
- Section of Surgical Oncology (Chair G. Lazzaro MD Ph.D)
Clinical & Patient Locations
- John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital, Clinic H – All day on Tuesdays
- Medical Oncology
- Surgical Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
- Breast Oncology
- Head & Neck Oncology (Ears, Nose & Throat)
Volunteers are involved in the patient care in the clinic, performing patient initial evaluation plan of care and minor procedures (incisional, excisional biopsies). They are also involved in the preparation of Tumor Board cases.