Welcome to our Internal Medicine Residency Training Program at John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County.
Please take a moment to review the below guidelines to facilitate your application process.
- We accept applications only through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application System).
- We start our interview season in November 2016 and continue until January 2017.
- Ideally, applications should be submitted no later than mid-December 2016.
- It is preferred that your graduation date from medical school is within the last 5 years.
- Applicants from international medical schools, please make sure to obtain your ECFMG certification before the submission of the 2017 NRMP match.
- We sponsor both J-1 and H-1b visas. Successful completion of the USMLE Step III is part of the requirement for the H-1b visa, as well as securing a valid Illinois Temporary license in the State of Illinois.
Our selective Admissions Review Committee takes a look at each application on an individual basis. We receive over 5500 applications each year for our program. Due to the vast number of applications, we may not always be able to respond to email and phone status requests. If an interview is to be granted, you will receive an email communication from our program via ERAS.
For more information:
John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
Department of Internal Medicine
1900 West Polk Street, 15th Floor
Chicago, IL 60612
Phone: (312) 864-7202
Fax: (312) 864-9725