Jennifer Smith, MD
1900 W. Polk St. 9th FloorChicago, IL 60612
Phone: (312) 864-6826Fax: (312) 864-9500Email
The Division of General Internal Medicine provides general medical care, across a continuum of hospital – ambulatory – community care settings, for adults with complex, chronic conditions. We deliver high quality care of the whole person, valuing communication, patient safety, and culturally appropriate patient care experience.
The Division of General Internal Medicine has a long track record of developing and evaluating innovations in health care delivery along with adapting and disseminating best-practices in primary care tailored to our clinical delivery settings and the needs of our patient population.
Outpatient Clinical Services
- Primary Care
- Pre-operative Risk Assessment
- Breast cancer risk assessment and chemoprevention counseling
- Genetic counseling and testing for hereditary cancer syndromes
- Evaluation and management of common breast problems
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Smoking Cessation
- Senior Assessment
- Geriatric Primary Care
- Palliative Care
- Advanced Illness Management
- Health Education for Chronic Disease Self-Management.
- General medical care of hospitalized adults
- Medical Consultation
- Palliative Medicine Consultation.
Physician Faculty Direct
We also train physicians and other healthcare providers to provide exceptional, comprehensive care of complex patients.
- Rush Medical College Medical Student Training Experiences in General Internal Medicine at Stroger Hospital
- Rush Medical College/ Stroger Hospital Integrated Residency Training Program in Primary Care Internal Medicine
- General Preventive Medicine/Public Health Residency Program at Stroger Hospital
- Stroger Hospital/Rush University Medical Center Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship
- Outpatient Resident Rotations including the Women’s Health Rotation, the Ambulatory Medicine Rotation and the Geriatric Medicine Rotation, taken by all internal medicine residents
- Inpatient Resident Rotations including the Medical Consultation Rotation and the Palliative Medicine Rotation, taken by all internal medicine residents