Exceptional Family Medicine Residency Program Cares for Underserved Populations
Thank you for your interest in the Cook County-Loyola Family Medicine Residency Program. This is a unique residency program that offers diverse training in a community hospital, a county hospital and a university based medical center. The training experience is an excellent opportunity for those with a special interest in providing care for the underserved and indigent patients.
The Cook County Family Medicine Residency Program only accepts applications through ERAS. You must have graduated no more than two years ago in order to apply.
The following is the process once we receive your application:
- The recruitment committee reviews your application
- A decision is made to interview
- You are contacted via email and invited for a professional interview
- You call or e-mail us your selected interview date
- We meet and your interview begins
Apply for a Sub-Internship
Are you interested in applying for an audition rotation on our inpatient medicine service with some exposure to our community clinics? Please reach out with to Dr. John Hayes, DO, our Family Medicine Faculty Lead for Medical Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include in your email:
- A short explanation of why you would like to rotate with us
- A copy of your CV
- The dates your would like to schedule a rotation
Please note: We are only scheduling Sub-Internship rotations for students expected to graduate from US medical schools.
IMGs: You can apply to rotate at our institution if you attach a letter of recommendation from a CCHHS Attending physician