Residency & Fellowship Coordinator
1969 W. Ogden Ave.
5th FloorChicago, IL 60612
Applicants with one of the following qualifications are eligible for appointment to the department’s program:
- Graduates of medical schools in the U.S. and Canada accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME).
- Graduates of colleges of osteopathic medicine in the US accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- Graduates of medical schools outside of the US and Canada who meet one of the following qualifications who:
- Have a valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Have a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the US licensing jurisdiction
- Graduated from medical schools outside the US who have completed a Fifth Pathway program provided by an LCME-accredited medical school.
Applications are accepted from September 1st until the close of business November 30th. The interview dates are filled on a first-response-first-confirmed basis. We plan to transmit electronic invitations beginning in September for candidate interviews in November and December.
Our residents are selected through the National Residency Match Program (NRMP). Criteria for including applicants on the Rank Order List for the Match are:
- Completed Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
- And, by invitation only personal interview with the department
We very much appreciate your interest in the Anesthesiology Residency Training Program at John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County and wish you well.