Provident Hospital of Cook County
500 East 51st St.
Chicago, IL 60615
The main telephone number for the hospital is (312) 572-2000.
Case Management/Social Services: (312) 572-2994
Medical Records: (312) 572-1500
Diabetic Program: (312) 572-1814
Mammography Center: (312) 572-2139
HIV Testing: (312) 572-2730
Patient Advocate (Compliments/Complaints): (312) 572-1128
Security Department: (312) 572-1272
Physical/Occupational Therapy: (312) 572-2193
Educational Programs & Classes
Asthma Class: (312) 572-2309
Smoking Cessation Program: (312) 572-2309
Heart Failure Class/Program: (312) 572-2309
Social Service Department
The Social Service Department at Provident Hospital of Cook County will obtain interpreters and other services for those persons with hearing and sensory problems. Call (312) 572-2996. Our TDD numbers are: (312) 572-1160, (312) 572-1161, (312) 572-1736, and (312) 572-2904.
Health Information and Records Department
If you need a copy of your medical records, please contact our Health Information and Records Department at (312) 572-1527. The hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM until 3:00 PM. Pickups are not available at Provident Hospital.
Lost and Found
If you or a visitor has lost an item, please contact the security department at (312) 572-1270.
Hours of Operation
The Outpatient Pharmacy is located at 450 E. 50th Place. The hours of operation are:
- Monday through Friday, 9:00AM until 5:00PM
- Saturday and Sunday, 8:00AM until 4:00PM (for discharged and Emergency Room patients only). New prescriptions are not accepted after 4:00PM.
General Visiting Hours
- 2 Visitors Per Room Visit
- All visitors must be issued a pass which can be obtained at the First Floor Reception Desk. Visitors must be at least 12 years of age.
Medical/Surgical Unit (8 West – Inpatient Unit)
- 11:00 AM – 8:30 PM
- There may be only two visitors at one time per patient. Exceptions may be made by the doctor based upon the patient’s condition