November 20, 2013
JOB SUMMARY SEIU 20 – HCP ONLY
Cook County Health and Hospitals System (CCHHS) provide health care in Chicago and surrounding Suburban Cook County. CCHHS is comprised of John H. Stroger Hospital, Provident Hospital, Oak Forest Health Center and various other ambulatory health clinics.
Under the direction of a licensed surgeon, the Physician Assistant will assist in the management of inpatients and outpatients, and perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures that are deemed appropriate to the normal scope and characteristics of the supervising surgeon and in compliance with the Illinois Physician Assistant Practice Act. The primary area of practice will be within the Division of Vascular Surgery at Stroger Hospital and may include duties at other CCHHS affiliate sites.
- Master’s degree from an accredited physician assistant program
- A current valid Physician Assistant license in the State of Illinois or have the ability to obtain license prior to starting employment
- Board Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Current valid Illinois Controlled Substances License (ILCS) –or- the ability to obtain license prior to starting employment
- Current valid licensure with the Federal DEA
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Current valid certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Experience in surgery
- Fluent in Spanish and/or Polish
Degrees and transcripts from non-U.S. accredited institutions must be translated and certified to the US equivalent academic credentials by a recognized US education interpreter service.
Must successfully meet the credentialing standards established by the Cook County Health and Hospitals System to include a State of Illinois PA license and any other license, certification, or specialized training, etc. no later than two (2) weeks prior to the candidate’s start date
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Requisition ID: 00115162
Post Date: November 20, 2013
Closing Date: December 4, 2013
Salary: STARTING SALARY: $35.45
Collective Bargaining Unit: SEIU Local 20 Health Care Professional
Location: John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
This position is no longer available.