Under the general supervision of the Department of Buildings & Grounds Director of Stroger Hospital Plant, plans and supervises painting projects, signage, glazing and coordinates the activities of Painters assigned to various tasks. Determines appropriate work procedures and materials needed; assigns work to Painters and gives instructions on procedures and completion time. The Foreman is accountable for supervision and evaluation of Painters. They coordinate, prioritize, assign, and inspect work tasks on a daily basis. Attend Foreman and confidential meetings with department heads, project managers, etc. Coordinate work projects with other trades and staff to assure the timely completion of a project. Forecast project time tables, arrange for the deployment of personnel, and calculate the quantity of materials needed. Track personnel used, hours, and timeliness of services. Trouble shoot payroll problems for staff. Monitor daily schedule and approve vacation according to guidelines of vacation policy. Inventory supplies and working tools to assure a par level is maintained, recommending the procurement of equipment, supplies, and services prior to exhaustion. Assure equipment is maintained and in working order. A Foreman may function in the capacity of a Painter as circumstances require.
- Must be currently employed as a Painter Foreman with Cook County Government.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
– Knowledge in glazing procedures and the Gerber Scientific computer program to create signage.
– Knowledge in operating a vinyl cutting machine, wood/metal sub-straights, the application of various decorative and protective coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel, lacquer, wallpaper, and or fabric to exterior or interior surfaces, restoration techniques, for trimmings and fixtures of a building.
– Knowledgeable in and adheres to the existing contractual agreement, hospital policy, municipal codes, and regulatory agency requirements for a hospital relative to a Painters’ scope of work.
– Ability to communicate diplomatically to all levels of staff, including highest level administrative personnel.
– Innovative ability in text formatting, arranging images, and color coordination of signs, banners, and or posters.
– Ability to withstand long periods of walking, standing, pushing, pulling, reaching, stooping, twisting, turning, climbing, crawling, lifting and moving moderate to heavy weight objects.
– Ability to work on high ladders and scaffolding.
The duties listed are not set forth for purposes of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally to be performed under a job title or those to be performed temporarily outside an employee’s normal line of work.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
COOK COUNTY GOVERNMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Degrees and transcripts from non-U.S. accredited institutions must be translated and certified to the US equivalent academic credentials by a recognized US education interpreter service.