March 28, 2014
Under general supervision, the Medical Technologist performs tests and procedures of a general or specific nature for one or more specialized areas related to Microbiology within the Department of Laboratories. Completes routine and moderately complex tests in area of assignment; and assists in more difficult procedures requiring closer supervision and additional training. Performs tests on human blood, urine and other body fluids and tissues as directed by following well-established or standardized procedures. Works with other Medical Technologists to correlate data, review and discuss methodologies and assess findings. Provides test and procedure information to Medical Laboratory Technicians, Phlebotomists and Laboratory Aides. Assists in ensuring the timely and accurate completion of test procedures with other Pathology staff.
- College level coursework in chemical, physical or biological sciences
- Prior laboratory experience in Microbiology in a hospital or healthcare setting
- Prior experience using a laboratory information system
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Word and Excel
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to perform laboratory tests and procedures
- Knowledge of quality assurance and quality control requirements
- Ability to use laboratory information systems to accurately manage and maintain records and data
(Education information must be evident in resume and transcripts. Proof is required at time of interview).
Active ASCP (American Society of Clinical Pathologists) certification or other nationally recognized certifications as an American Medical Technologist (AMT), Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) or Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS)
- One (1) year of full-time work experience as a Medical Technologist in a hospital or healthcare setting in Microbiology
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
COOK COUNTY GOVERNMENT HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Requisition ID: 00115650
Post Date: March 28, 2014
Closing Date: April 11, 2014
Salary: STARTING SALARY $ 19.48
Collective Bargaining Unit: SEIU
Location: John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
This position is no longer available.