March 21, 2014
The Medical Technologist III under minimum supervision exercises a high degree of independent judgment and technical expertise by performing tasks of high complexity in Chemistry within the Department of Laboratories. Provides technical guidance, training and direction to Medical Technologist I and II as well as other department staff. Under general direction may perform duties associated with providing for adequate coverage with the laboratory on a particular shift and by ensuring that laboratory procedures are carried out in an effective manner. Confers with other Technologists, supervisors and administrative staff as to a strategy for operating the laboratory at optimal levels, and assists with the development and incorporation of new methods, approaches and procedures for the unity. Assumes responsibility for one or more areas with respect to monitoring or ensuring compliance with governmental or other regulatory standards, explaining them to others, or providing quality control. Helps develop written procedures and manuals relative to area of expertise and assists with safety and administrative tasks as required. Exercises independent judgment in a variety of matters, subject to administrative approval.
- A Bachelor’s degree (Must provide original transcript at time of interview).
- Must qualify as an MT ASCP (Medical Technologist – American Society of Clinical Pathologists) or CLS (Clinical Laboratory Scientist) or AMT (American Medical Technologist)
- Five (5) years of full-time work experience as a Medical Technologist in a healthcare setting
- Two (2) years of full-time work experience in Chemistry in a healthcare setting
- Prior experience using a laboratory information system
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to perform complex laboratory tests and procedures
- Extensive knowledge of governmental and other regulatory standards, such as CLIA and NIH
- Prior experience being able to safely and effective use, maintain and calibrate a variety of analytical instruments and devices, chemicals, reagents and other equipment
- Ability to apply quality assurance and quality control requirements to laboratory tests and procedures without supervision
- Ability to design laboratory testing protocols
- Ability to troubleshoot more than one bench or area
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Degrees and transcripts from non-U.S. accredited institutions must be translated and certified to the US equivalent academic credentials by a recognized US education interpreter service.
COOK COUNTY GOVERNMENT HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Requisition ID: 00115709
Post Date: April 10, 2014
Closing Date: April 24, 2014
Salary: STARTING SALARY $ 25.88
Location: John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
This position is no longer available.