June 12, 2014
JOB SUMMARY SEIU LOCAL 73
The Medical Technician II -performs routine and emergency electrocardiograms (ECG), Stress and Holter tests as requested by the physician and in accordance with standard practices. Prepares patient records for review and interpretation by the physician and maintains confidentiality. Responsible for maintaining equipment and all necessary supplies. Participates in quality improvement activities.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant program, Cardiology Technician program or one (1) year supervised training in a Cardiology program.
- At least one (1) year of experience in Holter/Stress tests in the Cardiovascular field.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Certification in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Ability to perform electrocardiogram (EKG) tests, Stress/Holter Monitor scanning,and Treadmill preparation.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
COOK COUNTY GOVERNMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Degrees and transcripts from non-U.S. accredited institutions must be translated and certified to the US equivalent academic credentials by a recognized US education interpreter service
Requisition ID: 00115941
Post Date: June 12, 2014
Closing Date: June 26, 2014
Salary: $22.52 Hourly
Location: John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
This position is no longer available.