October 29, 2013
Oak Forest Health Center (OFHC) is full service outpatient clinic serving the south suburbs of Chicago. Oak Forest in conjunction with, various other Ambulatory Community Health Network (ACHN) clinics, Provident Hospital and John H. Stroger Hospital is governed by the Cook County Health & Hospitals System (CCHHS).
OFHC is searching for a Medical Director who will serve as the clinical leader of the facility. The Director will develop and implement policies, procedures, programs and best practices; supervise and evaluate clinical staff; oversee training and continue education; participate in executive meetings and serve on system wide projects and committees; assure OFHC is in compliance and adhere to all federal, local and department rules and regulations; uphold the highest standards of professionalism; maintain fiduciary responsibility to CCHHS and perform all other related duties assigned by the Chief Medical Officer of ACHN.
- M.D. or D.O. degree from an accredited medical college or university
- Must be licensed as a physician and a surgeon in the State of Illinois –or- have the ability to obtain license prior to starting employment
- Board certified in Internal Medicine or Occupational Medicine
- Minimum five (5) years’ work experience in a medical clinical administrative role in an ambulatory setting
- Current Illinois Controlled Substances license –or- have the ability to obtain license prior to starting employment
- Current licensure with the Federal DEA or have the ability to obtain license prior to starting employment
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- The ability to work respectfully and effectively with patients and staff in a culturally diverse environment
- The ability to travel to other ACHN and CCHHS affiliates and community partner sites
- The ability to work evening and weekends on an as needed basis
- Language skills in Spanish, Polish or Chinese
Degrees and transcripts from non-U.S. accredited institutions must be translated and certified to the US equivalent academic credentials by a recognized US education interpreter service.
Must successfully meet the credentialing standards established by the Cook County Health and Hospitals System to include a State of Illinois MD license and any other license, certification or specialized training, etc. no later than two (2) weeks prior to the candidate’s start date
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Requisition ID: 00115073
Post Date: October 28, 2013
Closing Date: November 11, 2013
Location: Oak Forest Health Center
This position is no longer available.