January 7, 2014
This is responsible for writing job descriptions and maintaining the integrity of the job description library. The incumbent will gather information and compose job descriptions which include critical information such as essential duties, educational and experience requirements, licensure and credentialing requirements, and other related information used for posting, compensation, employee selection, and performance management. The Job Classification Specialist will also conduct desk audits and participate in market studies as required. This is a highly confidential position.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is required. (Must provide original transcript at time of interview)
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience with job analysis and writing job descriptions.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Prior experience conducting interviews and gathering job related data.
- Prior experience preparing written documentation (i.e., job descriptions, compensation summaries, proposals, organizational announcements, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills; the ability to understand organizational and departmental goals and translate them into critical job skills and hiring criteria.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Master’s degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology or Human Resources.
- Knowledge of Title VII and related Employment laws gained through college coursework, education, or on the job experience.
- Prior experience in union environment.
- Prior experience in a compliance driven environment.
Must Meet All Required Qualifications At Time of Application Filing.
Degrees and transcripts from non-U.S. accredited institutions must be translated and certified to the US equivalent academic credentials by a recognized US education interpreter service.
COOK COUNTY GOVERNMENT HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Requisition ID: 00115310
Post Date: January 7, 2014
Closing Date: January 21, 2014
Salary: COMPETITIVE SALARY
Location: John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
This position is no longer available.