June 30, 2014
The In-House Registry Nurse is a professional care provider responsible and accountable for coordinating and providing safe, effective individualized nursing care to patients and supportive care to significant others. Assesses patient’s needs and plan, implement and evaluate nursing care according to established standards. These activities require nursing judgment based on application of scientific principles of nursing, problem solving and teaching/learning. May also supervise and assign duties to others when assigned as Charge Nurse or Team Leader.
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois.
- Minimum three (3) years of nursing experience in pediatrics.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be certified in Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NPR). (Must provide proof at time of interview).
- Must be certified in Basic Life Support (BLS). (Must provide proof at time of interview).
- Must be certified in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS). (Must provide proof at time of interview).
- Must be certified in Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification or be able to obtain one within 6 months of hire.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) from a college or university.
- Three (3) years of current level 2 or 3 PICU experience.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
COOK COUNTY GOVERNMENT HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Degrees and transcripts from non-U.S. accredited institutions must be translated and certified to the US equivalent academic credentials by a recognized US education interpreter service
Requisition ID: 00115945
Post Date: June 30, 2014
Closing Date: July 14, 2014
Salary: Starting Salary $37.50
Location: John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
This position is no longer available.