December 3, 2013
• Master’s degree or higher in Epidemiology/Biostatistics, or master’s degree or higher in Public Health, with a concentration in Epidemiology, Biostatistics and or Infectious Diseases is required. (Original transcripts must be presented at time of interview).
• Two (2) years prior experience working in public health programs such as communicable disease control, or control and education of sexually transmitted infections, or HIV/AIDS control is required.
• Availability for on-call duty is required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Proficiency in statistical computations used in Public Health data collection, trending, and reporting, is required.
• Prior experience in a leadership or supervisory capacity is required.
• Ability to travel throughout Cook County is required.
• Fluency in English and Spanish written and verbal communication is preferred.
• Proficiency in the utilization of word processing and spreadsheet applications is preferred.
• Competence in software programs used for epidemiologic analysis such as SAS, Epi Info, SPSS and Stata, is preferred.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
COOK COUNTY GOVERNMENT HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Degrees and transcripts from non-U.S. accredited institutions must be translated and certified to the US equivalent academic credentials by a recognized US education interpreter service.
Requisition ID: 00115194
Post Date: December 2, 2013
Closing Date: December 16, 2013
Salary: $31.179 Hourly
Collective Bargaining Unit: AFSCME 1276
Location: Oak Forest Health Center
This position is no longer available.