May 9, 2014
JOB SUMMARY AFSCME 1276 MEMBERS ONLY
Under the supervision of the Enhanced Surveillance Program Manager or designee, assists with the design, implementation, and maintenance of syndromic surveillance systems to detect unusual occurrences of potentially infectious diseases, including those suggestive of a bioterrorism incident. Conducts management and analysis of data obtained from active surveillance activities. Assists with seasonal illness surveillance and the creation and dissemination of weekly surveillance reports. Provides consultation in data management, outbreak investigation, and data analysis as necessary
- Master’s degree or higher in Public Health with an emphasis in Epidemiology or Biostatics is required. (Original transcripts must be presented at time of interview)
- At least one (1) year work experience as a Biostatician or as an Epidemiologist is required.
- Experience involving data management and or statistical analysis is required. (Experience must be evident in resume)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proficiency in statistical computations used in Public Health data collection, trending and reporting is required.
- Must be trained and certified in NIMS FEMA IS – 100, 200, 700 and 800 management within six (6) month of employment is required.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access is required.
- Competence in software programs used for epidemiologic analysis such as SAS, Epi Info, SPSS, and Stata is required.
- Ability to travel throughout Cook County is required.
- Availability for emergency response duty is required
Requisition ID: 00115824
Post Date: May 9, 2014
Closing Date: May 23, 2014
Salary: $25.886 Hourly
Location: Cook County Department of Public Health
This position is no longer available.