January 11, 2014
The Director of the Medical Staff Office is responsible for administering medical staff services for Cook County Health and Hospitals System, including CountyCare. This entails overall management of credentialing services for physicians and mid-level practitioners; and overseeing privileging services and appeal process for physician and third-party providers. This position is responsible for maintaining continued accreditation and compliance with Federal, State and regulatory requirements. Serves on the Credentialing Committee and advises the leadership team on credentialing and privileging regulatory compliance, policies and procedures. Manages the medical services staff and oversees the accreditation compliance budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Certification by the National Association of Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) as a Certified Professional Staff Manager or Certified Professional Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) is required.
- Minimum 7 years of full time experience in Medical Staff Services, Credentialing, or Provider Privileging is required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing staff is required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- In depth knowledge of and the ability to interpret Federal and State Credentialing regulations
- Master’s Degree
Degrees and transcripts from non-U.S. accredited institutions must be translated and certified to the US equivalent academic credentials by a recognized US education interpreter service.
Must successfully meet the credentialing standards established by the Cook County Health and Hospitals System to include a State of Illinois license and any other license, certification, or specialized training, etc. no later than two (2) weeks prior to the candidate’s start date
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Requisition ID: 00115329
Post Date: January 11, 2014
Closing Date: January 25, 2014
Salary: Competitive Salary
Location: John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
This position is no longer available.