September 24, 2013
The Director of Life Safety provides leadership and daily oversight for all life safety management activities within the Cook County Health and Hospitals System. This position ensures all Cook County Health and Hospitals Systems buildings and facilities, system-wide, operate within the environment of care standards and are in compliance with regulatory agency requirements including TJC, OSHA, EPA, and FDA, as well as compliance with local agencies such as the Chicago Fire Department and Illinois Department of Public Health, etc. Areas of responsibility include Fire Safety, Emergency Management, Occupational Safety, Environmental Safety, and Hazardous Material and Regulated Waste Management.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or institution is required. (Must provide original transcript at time of interview)
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience implementing life safety code, policies and procedures in the State of Illinois is required.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a safety leadership capacity is required.
- Completion of the OSHA 30 hour compliance course is required.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Construction Health and Safety Technologist (CHST), or Certification as a Healthcare Safety Professional (CHSP) is required.
- Current First aid and CPR training certifications, required.
A Master’s Degree in Health Services Administration from an accredited university or institution is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a safety role within a hospital or healthcare environment.
- Prior experience overseeing life safety for an organization with multiple buildings and facilities.
- Prior experience in a union environment.
- Current Fire Safety Director Certification.
- Certified Healthcare Protection Administrators (CHPA) through the International Association of Health Care Security and Safety or eligible to be certified within one (1) year of hire date.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
This position is exempt from career service under the CCHHS Personnel Rules.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Requisition ID: 00114981
Post Date: September 19, 2013
Closing Date: October 3, 2013
Salary: Competitive Salary
Location: John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
This position is no longer available.