July 21, 2014
The Correctional Psychologist (K2, functional title=Unit Director) works under the direct supervision of the Chief Psychologist and the Director of Mental Health, Cermak Health Services of Cook County Health and Hospitals System (CCHHS), with clinical psychiatric patient management by the responsible Unit Psychiatrist and Chief of Psychiatry. The Unit Director participates in and oversees the orderly management, operation, and delivery of a comprehensive continuum of mental health services in the acute, residential care, and/or outpatient units as well as the receiving and emergency/urgent care areas. This includes the behavioral health delivery system to identify and manage all mental health recipient detainees admitted to the Cook County Department of Corrections (CCDOC) and/or housed in those Divisions/units.
- Completion of a PhD or PsyD from an American Psychological Association accredited graduate program
- Current Licensure in the state of Illinois as a Clinical Psychologist at the doctoral level with a PhD or PsyD
- Five years of behavioral health service experience as a clinical psychologist.
- Three or more years of progressively responsible clinical or administrative supervision of mental health professionals and programs
- Completion of a pre doctoral internship at an American Psychological Association accredited program
- Active CPR certification or the ability to obtain CPR certification within the first 90days of employment within CCHHS
- Bilingual in Spanish/English or Polish/English
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Degrees and transcripts from non-U.S. accredited institutions must be translated and certified to the US equivalent academic credentials by a recognized US education interpreter service.
COOK COUNTY GOVERNMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Requisition ID: 00115692
Post Date: July 21, 2014
Closing Date: August 21, 2014
Salary: $45.587 Hourly
Location: Cermak Health Services of Cook County
This position is no longer available.