December 4, 2013
Under the direction of the Department of Psychiatry Chair and the Adult Psychiatry Division Chief, the Clinical Psychologist III (Adult Neuropsychologist) will provide psychiatric/neuropsychological assessment, management and psychotherapy to patients with co-morbid medical disease and behavioral problems. Specifically, this position provides initial psychiatric consultations, neuropsychological screening/testing for adults in inpatient, outpatient and emergency settings for Cook County Health and Hospitals System (primarily Stroger Hospital Campus and Fantus), in the areas of Neurology and Neurosurgery Services. In addition, this position is responsible for assisting in coordinating the Department of Psychiatry Services.
- PhD or PsyD in Psychology from an American Psychology Association (APA) accredited university is required. (Must provide original copy of college or university transcript at time of interview.)
- Must be licensed as a psychologist at Doctorate level in the State of Illinois or have the ability to obtain license prior to starting employment is required.
- Completion of psychology internship from an APA accredited Program is required.
- Minimum of 3 years practicing neuropsychology in a hospital or healthcare setting is required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Prior work experience and knowledge dealing with special needs populations: SES, comorbid (mental health and substance abuse).
- Prior work experience providing emergency and inpatient psychiatric/neuropsychological consultations to medically ill patients.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
- Strong organization skills to manage large volume of patients and referrals.
- Willingness to provide psychiatric consultation and care to all CCHHS sites.
Degrees and transcripts from non-U.S. accredited institutions must be translated and certified to the US equivalent academic credentials by a recognized US education interpreter service.
Must successfully meet the credentialing standards established by the Cook County Health and Hospitals System to include a State of Illinois license and any other license, certification, or specialized training, etc. no later than two (2) weeks prior to the candidate’s start date
Requisition ID: 00115212
Post Date: December 4, 2013
Closing Date: December 18, 2013
Salary: STARTING SALARY: $34.26
Collective Bargaining Unit: SEIU LOCAL 20
Location: John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
This position is no longer available.