December 6, 2013
PLEASE BE ADVISED that this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement between Cook County and the National Nurses Organizing Committee. Pursuant to the collective bargaining agreement, Cook County will exhaust internal eligible applicants prior to considering external applicants. Cook County is assembling a list of qualified candidates for this position that will be considered should the position not be filled with internal eligible applicants.
JOB SUMMARY: NNOC MEMBERS ONLY
The Clinical Nurse I is a professional care provider who is responsible and accountable for coordinating and providing safe, effective individualized nursing care to critically ill patients and supportive care to significant others. Assesses patient’s needs and plan, implement and evaluate nursing care according to established standards. These activities require nursing judgment based on application of scientific principles of nursing, critical thinking, problem solving and teaching / learning. May also supervise and assign duties to others when assigned as Charge Nurse or Team Leader.
- Must be licensed as a registered nurse in the State of Illinois. (Must provide copy of license at time of interview).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Certification as a Certified Medical Surgical Registered Nurse (CMSRN) or Registered Nurse Board certified or eligible to obtain certification within twelve (12) months of hire. (Must provide proof of certification, if already earned at the time of interview).
- Must possess an active Basic Life Support certification (BLS). (Must provide card at time of interview).
- Must be certified in Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification. (Must provide proof at time of interview).
- One (1) year prior Medical/ surgical nursing experience in an acute care setting.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) from a college or university.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Degrees and transcripts from non-U.S. accredited institutions must be translated and certified to the US equivalent academic credentials by a recognized US education interpreter service
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Requisition ID: 00115223
Post Date: December 6, 2013
Closing Date: December 20, 2013
Salary: STARTING SALARY $ 27.11
Collective Bargaining Unit: NNOC
Location: John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
This position is no longer available.