February 13, 2014
PLEASE BE ADVISED that this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement between Cook County and the National Nurses Organizing Committee. Pursuant to the collective bargaining agreement, Cook County will exhaust internal eligible applicants prior to considering external applicants. Cook County is assembling a list of qualified candidates for this position that will be considered should the position not be filled with internal eligible applicants.
The Clinical Nurse I is a professional care provider who is responsible and accountable for coordinating and providing safe, effective individualized nursing care to critically ill patients and supportive care to significant others. Assesses patient’s needs and plan, implement and evaluate nursing care according to established standards. These activities require nursing judgment based on application of scientific principles of nursing, critical thinking, problem solving and teaching / learning. May also supervise and assign duties to others when assigned as Charge Nurse or Team Leader.
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois.
- Certification as a Certified Medical Surgical Registered Nurse (CMSRN) or Registered Nurse Board certified or eligible to obtain certification within twelve (12) months of hire.
- Must be certified in Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Must be certified in Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS).
- One (1) year prior Medical/ surgical nursing experience in an acute care setting.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) from a college or university.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
Requisition ID: 00115257
Post Date: February 13, 2014
Closing Date: February 27, 2014
Salary: Starting Salary $27.11
Location: John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
This position is no longer available.