March 10, 2014
PLEASE BE ADVISED that this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement between Cook County and the National Nurses Organizing Committee. Pursuant to the collective bargaining agreement, Cook County will exhaust internal eligible applicants prior to considering external applicants. Cook County is assembling a list of qualified candidates for this position that will be considered should the position not be filled with internal eligible applicants.
JOB SUMMARY: NNOC MEMBERS ONLY
The Clinical Nurse II is a professional care provider who is responsible and accountable for the overall management of patient care on a specific shift as well as maintaining comprehensive knowledge of patient’s condition. Provides safe, effective and individualized care using the nursing process. Performances of these duties require skills, effective working relationships, setting priorities, and demonstrated knowledge of standard operating policies and procedures.
- Must be licensed as a registered nurse in the State of Illinois. (Must provide copy of license at time of interview).
- Three (3) Years current adult Critical Care nursing experience within an acute care setting.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must possess an active Basic Life Support certification (BLS). (Must provide card at time of interview).
- Must be certified in Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification. (Must provide proof at time of interview).
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
- Certification as a Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN).
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) from a college or university.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Degrees and transcripts from non-U.S. accredited institutions must be translated and certified to the US equivalent academic credentials by a recognized US education interpreter service
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Requisition ID: 00115544
Post Date: March 10, 2014
Closing Date: March 24, 2014
Salary: STARTING SALARY $ 28.56
Location: John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
This position is no longer available.