December 31, 2013
JOB SUMMARY AFSCME INTERNAL ONLY
The Clerk V is responsible for scheduling patient appointments and updating demographic and insurance information for new and established patients. Scans insurance cards and ensures completion of all necessary paperwork. Demonstrates high standards in telephone etiquette, which includes but is not limited to communicating in a clear, friendly and professional manner. Meets productivity requirements and performs all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Director.
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED (Must provide proof at time of interview).
- A Minimum of one (1) year of clerical work experience in a health care setting.
- Ability to type at a rate of 25 words per minute. (If selected for an interview, applicant will be required to take a typing test)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES.
- A Minimum of one (1) year of data entry experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
COOK COUNTY GOVERNMENT HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Degrees and transcripts from non-U.S. accredited institutions must be translated and certified to the US equivalent academic credentials by a recognized US education interpreter service.
Requisition ID: 00115298
Post Date: January 2, 2014
Closing Date: January 16, 2014
Salary: STARTING SALARY: $15.82
Collective Bargaining Unit: AFSCME
Location: John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
This position is no longer available.