December 4, 2013
JOB SUMMARY AFSCME INTERNAL ONLY
Under general supervision, this position performs a variety of clerical functions requiring discretion and independent judgment. These duties include patient registration, scheduling, discharge and filing. Will answer all calls and route them appropriately. Contacts patients for follow up as needed. May act as the lead worker or act as an interpreter, when indicated. All duties are performed in a highly confidential manner. Performs other job related duties as assigned. Ability to travel to various ACHN Cook County Health and Hospitals System (CCHHS) locations throughout the day.
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED (Must provide proof at time of interview).
- A Minimum of two (2) years of clerical work experience with patients in a health care setting.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word).
- Ability to type at a corrected rate of 25 words per minute. (If selected for an interview, applicant may be required to take a typing test to determine skill level)
- Ability to travel to various ACHN Cook County Health and Hospitals System (CCHHS) locations throughout the day.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
COOK COUNTY GOVERNMENT HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Degrees and transcripts from non-U.S. accredited institutions must be translated and certified to the US equivalent academic credentials by a recognized US education interpreter service
Requisition ID: 00115157
Post Date: December 4, 2013
Closing Date: December 18, 2013
Salary: STARTING SALARY: $15.82
Collective Bargaining Unit: AFSCME
Location: John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
This position is no longer available.