April 25, 2014
JOB SUMMARY: SEIU 20
Under the general supervision of licensed clinical personnel, the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) works in cooperation with clinic or facility health care professionals to provide continuity of care to patients. The CMA performs clinical duties to support providers, nurses and administrative staff.
- Must possess a High school diploma or GED equivalent. (Must provide proof at time of interview).
- Associates degree in Medical Assistance; or equivalent education from a Medical Assistant Program (Must provide Degree or certification at time of interview).
- Must possess a certificate in Medical Assistance through the American Association of Medical Assistance or Certification as a Registered Medical assistant (Must provide certification at time of interview).
- Minimum of One (1) year experience in an ambulatory or physician office setting.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must possess a current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification. (Must provide card at time of interview).
- Must be familiar with Microsoft word and excel. (Candidates will be tested at time of interview).
- Must be able to bend, lift, stoop, kneel, pull and push up to 25 lbs.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Degrees and transcripts from non-U.S. accredited institutions must be translated and certified to the US equivalent academic credentials by a recognized US education interpreter.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Requisition ID: 00115764
Post Date: April 25, 2014
Closing Date: May 9, 2014
Salary: Starting Salary $16.95
Collective Bargaining Unit: SEIU
Location: John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
This position is no longer available.