February 25, 2014
Ambulatory Community Health Network (ACHN) Attending Physicians have community health as their primary care focus. They maintain a clinical practice in a primary care setting. The Primary Care Physicians are knowledgeable and concerned about the health of the populations served by their health center. They are committed to working as members of an interdisciplinary health care team providing services to the communities they serve. MULTIPLE VACANCIES
- M.D. or D.O. degree from an accredited medical college or university.
- Valid Illinois physician or surgeon license or eligible to obtain prior to starting employment.
- Successful completion from a U.S. residency program or eligible for completion prior to July 2014.
- The completed residency program must be in one of the following areas: Internal Medicine, or Family Medicine, or Combined Internal Medicine/Pediatrics, or combined Internal Medicine/Psychiatry.
- Illinois and federal controlled substance license or eligible to obtain license two weeks prior to hiring date.
- Board certification or on a pathway eligible to be certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine.
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Prior experience in a primary care practice, preferred.
Related Skills and Abilities
- Must possess demonstrated ability to work respectfully and effectively with patients and staff in a culturally diverse work environment.
- The Attending Physician may be required to work various shifts including evenings and weekends as determined by the needs of the clinic, and at different locations within the Ambulatory Health Care Network.
- Must be able to travel to various Ambulatory Health Care Network sites, CCHHS affiliates and community partner sites. Individual is responsible for own transportation. Travel between ACHN sites is not a reimbursable expense.
Degrees and transcripts from non – U.S. accredited institutions must be translated and certified to the US equivalent academic credentials by a recognized US education interpreter service.
Must successfully meet the credentialing standards established by the Cook County Health and Hospitals System to include a State of Illinois MD license and any other license, certification, or specialized training, etc. no later than two (2) weeks prior to the candidate’s start date.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Requisition ID: 00115495
Post Date: February 28, 2014
Closing Date: March 14, 2014
Salary: STARTING SALARY $ 74.98
Location: John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
This position is no longer available.