December 27, 2013
John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital (JHSH) of Cook County is the flagship of the Cook County Health & Hospitals System. The Level 1 Trauma Center is one of the most respected in the nation. The hospital treats over 150,000 emergency room patients annually. It is home to more than 300 attending physicians along with more than 400 medical residents and fellows.
JHSH is searching for a Senior Attending Surgeon who will be skilled in advance diagnosis and surgical treatment with additional subspecialty training and expertise in Vascular Surgery. As an integral member of the surgical team, the Attending will be responsible for clinical activity at least four (4) days per week and participate in the On-Call schedule; partake in clinical trials; conduct research; supervise medical students and residents; consult and teach all mid-level practitioners and ancillary personnel; serve on administrative committees; adhere to all federal, local and department rules and regulations; and perform all other related duties assigned by the Division Chair.
- M.D. or D.O. degree from an accredited medical college or university
- Must be licensed as a physician and a surgeon in the State of Illinois or able to obtain license prior to hire date
- Must be board certified in specialty, General Surgery or Vascular Surgery, -or- on a pathway leading to certification within five (5) years of terminal training
- Valid Illinois Controlled Substances License or be able to obtain license prior to start date
- Valid licensure with the Federal DEA or be able to obtain license prior to start date
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Successful completion of an accredited general surgery residency program
- Successful completion of a Vascular Surgery fellowship by July, 2014
Degrees and transcripts from non-U.S. accredited institutions must be translated and certified to the US equivalent academic credentials by a recognized US education interpreter service.
Must successfully meet the credentialing standards established by the Cook County Health and Hospitals System to include a State of Illinois MD license and any other license, certification, specialized training, etc. no later than two (2) weeks prior to the candidate’s start date
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Requisition ID: 00115295
Post Date: December 27, 2013
Closing Date: January 10, 2014
Salary: Competitive Salary
Location: John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
This position is no longer available.