January 10, 2014
John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital (JHSH) of Cook County is the flagship of the Cook County Health & Hospitals System. The Level 1 Trauma Center is one of the most respected in the nation. The hospital treats over 150,000 emergency room patients annually. It is home to more than 300 attending physicians along with more than 400 medical residents and fellows.
JHSH is searching for a Senior Attending Surgeon who will be skilled in advance diagnosis and surgical treatment with training and expertise in Oral Maxillofacial Surgery. As an integral member of the surgical team, the Attending will be responsible for clinical activity at least four (4) days per week and participate in the On-Call schedule; partake in clinical trials; conduct research; supervise medical students and residents; consult and teach all mid-level practitioners and ancillary personnel; serve on administrative committees; adhere to all federal, local and department rules and regulations; uphold the highest standards of professionalism; maintain fiduciary responsibility to CCHHS and perform all other related duties assigned by the Division Chair.
- Valid medical or dental license in the State of Illinois or able to obtain license prior to hire date
- Must be board certified in Oral Surgery or on a pathway leading to certification in Oral Surgery within five (5) years of terminal training
- Valid Illinois Controlled Substances License or must be able to obtain license prior to hire date
- Valid licensure with the Federal DEA
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Successful completion of an American Dental Association accredited Oral Maxillofacial residency
- Advanced training in Oral Maxillofacial Surgery or anticipated completion of advanced training in Oral Maxillofacial surgery by July, 2014. (The advanced training requirement can be satisfied with a M.D. degree or an Oral Maxillofacial Surgery fellowship)
- Demonstrated training in microsurgery, soft tissue flap surgery, Orthognathic Surgery, or training in Head and Neck Oncology
Degrees and transcripts from non-U.S. accredited institutions must be translated and certified to the US equivalent academic credentials by a recognized US education interpreter service.
Must successfully meet the credentialing standards established by the Cook County Health and Hospitals System to include a State of Illinois MD license and any other license, certification, specialized training, etc. no later than two (2) weeks prior to the candidate’s start date
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Requisition ID: 00115327
Post Date: January 10, 2014
Closing Date: February 28, 2014
Salary: Competitive Salary
Location: John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
This position is no longer available.