February 10, 2014
John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital (JHSH) of Cook County is the flagship of the Cook County Health & Hospitals System. The Level 1 Trauma Center is one of the most respected in the nation. The hospital treats over 150,000 emergency room patients annually. It is home to more than 300 attending physicians along with more than 400 medical residents and fellows.
JHSH is searching for a Senior Attending Surgeon who will be the subject matter expert skilled in the pre-, intra- and post-operative care of General Surgery and Surgical Critical Care patients. The Attending will be responsible for at least four (4) days per week of clinical activity, consisting of an outpatient general surgery clinic as well as elective and on-call operating room responsibilities. Additionally, ten (10) – twelve (12) weeks of dedicated Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU) coverage as a Surgical Intensivist will be required. There will be an expectation to participate in the on-call schedule for General Surgery and SICU. You will have a leadership role in the Surgical Critical Care Fellowship Training Program; supervise and teach fellows, residents, medical students, mid-level practitioners and ancillary personnel; partake in clinical trials; conduct research; serve on administrative committees; adhere to all federal, local and department rules and regulations; uphold the highest standards of professionalism; maintain fiduciary responsibility to CCHHS and perform all other related duties as assigned by the Division Chair. This position will involve clinical duties at both Stroger Hospital and Provident Hospital within the CCHHS system.
- Must be licensed as a physician and surgeon in the State of Illinois –or- have the ability to obtain license prior to starting employment
- Must be board certified in General Surgery with the American Board of Surgery (ABS)
- Must be board certified in Surgical Critical Care with the ABS
- Must be have at least two (2) years of experience practicing as an Attending Physician
- Current Illinois Controlled Substances license –or- have the ability to obtain license prior to starting employment
- Current licensure with the Federal DEA
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Successful completion of an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) accredited General Surgery Residency
- Successful completion of an ACGME accredited Surgical Critical Care fellowship
Degrees and transcripts from non-U.S. accredited institutions must be translated and certified to the US equivalent academic credentials by a recognized US education interpreter service.
Must successfully meet the credentialing standards established by the Cook County Health and Hospitals System to include a State of Illinois MD license and any other license, certification or specialized training, etc. no later than two (2) weeks prior to the candidate’s start date
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Requisition ID: 00115417
Post Date: February 10, 2014
Closing Date: March 12, 2014
Salary: COMPETITIVE SALARY
Location: John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
This position is no longer available.