March 12, 2014
John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital (JHSH) of Cook County is the flagship of the Cook County Health & Hospitals System. The Level 1 Trauma Center is one of the most respected in the nation. The hospital treats over 150,000 emergency room patients annually. It is home to more than 300 attending physicians along with more than 400 medical residents and fellows.
JHSH is searching for a Senior Attending Surgeon who will be the subject matter expert skilled in the pre-, intra- and post-operative care in Ophthalmology Surgery with additional subspecialty training in Medical or Surgical Vitreo-retinal. The Attending will be responsible for at least four (4) full clinical days per week including operative days and participate in call schedules as specified by the Division Chair. You will supervise and residents, medical students, mid-level practitioners and ancillary personnel; partake in clinical trials; conduct research; serve on administrative committees; adhere to all federal, local and department rules and regulations; uphold the highest standards of professionalism; maintain fiduciary responsibility to CCHHS and perform all other related duties as assigned by the Division Chair.
- Valid license as a physician and a surgeon in the State of Illinois –or- have the ability to obtain license prior to starting employment
- Board certified in Ophthalmology or must be on a pathway leading to certification within five (5) years of terminal training
- Valid Illinois Controlled Substances License –or- have the ability to obtain license prior to starting employment
- Valid licensure with the Federal DEA
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Successfully completed an Ophthalmology Surgery Residency accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
- Successfully completed a Medical or Surgical Vitreo-retinal fellowship or must be on a pathway to successful completion within six (6) months
- Must have experience performing current vitreo-retinal surgery techniques –or- experience performing pneumatic retinopexy, office based injections and laser
Degrees and transcripts from non-U.S. accredited institutions must be translated and certified to the US equivalent academic credentials by a recognized US education interpreter service.
Must successfully meet the credentialing standards established by the Cook County Health and Hospitals System to include a State of Illinois MD license and any other license, certification or specialized training, etc. no later than two (2) weeks prior to the candidate’s start date
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Requisition ID: 00115557
Post Date: March 12, 2014
Closing Date: April 11, 2014
Salary: STARTING SALARY: $108.42
Location: John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
This position is no longer available.