July 21, 2014
Cermak Health Services (CERMAK) provides healthcare to the detainees at the Cook County Department of Corrections. The Correctional Psychiatrist works under the direct clinical supervision of the Chief of Psychiatry and with the Unit Director/Correctional Psychologist as a treatment team leader for the mental health professionals and other health disciplines, as well as custody staff, assigned to the respective unit. The psychiatrist may be assigned to intake, urgent care, acute, residential or outpatient treatment units, providing comprehensive psychiatric assessment/diagnosis, medication management, therapy and discharge planning to the inmate population of the jail.
- M.D. or D.O. degree from an accredited medical college or university
- Must be licensed as a physician in the State of Illinois or have the ability to obtain license prior to starting employment
- Must be board certified in Psychiatry or eligible for certification
- Current and valid Illinois Controlled Substances license or have the ability to obtain license prior to starting employment
- Current and valid licensure with the Federal DEA
- Current and valid certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or have the ability to obtain certification prior to starting employment
Degrees and transcripts from non-U.S. accredited institutions must be translated and certified to the US equivalent academic credentials by a recognized US education interpreter service.
Must successfully meet the credentialing standards established by the Cook County Health and Hospitals System to include a State of Illinois MD license and any other license, certification, or specialized training, etc.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Requisition ID: 00116155
Post Date: July 21, 2014
Closing Date: August 21, 2014
Salary: $88.95 Hourly
Location: Cermak Health Services of Cook County
This position is no longer available.