September 26, 2013
John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital (JHSH) of Cook County is the flagship of the Cook County Health & Hospitals System. The Level 1 Trauma Center is one of the most respected in the nation. The hospital treats over 150,000 emergency room patients annually. It is home to more than 300 attending physicians along with more than 400 medical residents and fellows.
JHSH is searching for an Attending Physician who specializes in palliative medicine. Responsible to provide direct patient care in both inpatient and ambulatory settings; supervise and teach medical students, residents and fellows; potential to serve as the Program Director for the Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship Program; champion quality improvement; develop and implement programs for the Division; adhere to all federal, local and department rules and regulations; uphold the highest standards of professionalism; maintain fiduciary responsibility to CCHHS and perform all other related duties assigned by the Division Chief.
- M.D. or D.O. degree from an accredited medical college or university
- Must be licensed as a physician and a surgeon in the State of Illinois or have the ability to obtain license prior to starting employment
- Successful completion of an accredited residency in one (1) of the following specialties: Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Psychiatry or Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Must be board certified in one (1) of the following specialties: Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Psychiatry or Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Must be board certified in Hospice and Palliative Medicine or eligible for certification
- Current and valid Illinois Controlled Substances License (ILCS) or the ability to obtain license prior to starting employment
- Current and valid licensure with the Federal DEA
- At least three (3) years of clinical practice in Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Language skills in Spanish or Polish
Degrees and transcripts from non-U.S. accredited institutions must be translated and certified to the US equivalent academic credentials by a recognized US education interpreter service.
Must successfully meet the credentialing standards established by the Cook County Health and Hospitals System to include a State of Illinois MD license and any other license, certification, or specialized training, etc. no later than two (2) weeks prior to the candidate’s start date.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Requisition ID: 00114994
Post Date: September 23, 2013
Closing Date: September 7, 2013
Salary: $74.98 Hourly
Location: John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
This position is no longer available.