December 20, 2013
PLEASE BE ADVISED that this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement between Cook County and the National Nurses Organizing Committee. Pursuant to the collective bargaining agreement, Cook County will exhaust internal eligible applicants prior to considering external applicants. Cook County is assembling a list of qualified candidates for this position that will be considered should the position not be filled with internal eligible applicants.
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will conduct initial consultation; provide direct clinical care inclusive of diagnosing, designing treatment plans and managing care for patients with psychiatric and medical disorders or substance abuse problems; facilitate and promote health maintenance and wellness through preventive screening and education; participate in a variety of committees, programs, peer reviews and activities; enhance the educational and professional growth of self and health care professionals on behavioral health; perform other duties as assigned by the Division Chair.
- A Bachelor’s or higher level degree in nursing from a school of nursing. (Must provide official transcript at time of interview).
- Licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Illinois. (Must provide proof at time of interview.)
- Licensed as an Advanced Practice Nurse (APN)-Nurse Practitioner in the State of Illinois. (Must provide proof at time of interview)
- Must be board certified as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
- Minimum of two (2) years of clinical work experience in the area of psychiatry
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to use Electronic Medical Records software
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- Current valid driver’s license
Degrees and transcripts from non-U.S. accredited institutions must be translated and certified to the US equivalent academic credentials by a recognized US education interpreter service.
Must successfully meet the credentialing standards established by the Cook County Health and Hospitals System to include a State of Illinois license and any other license, certification or specialized training, etc. no later than two (2) weeks prior to the candidate’s start date
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Requisition ID: 00115200
Post Date: December 20, 2013
Closing Date: January 3, 2014
Salary: Starting Salary: $35.43
Location: John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
This position is no longer available.