March 31, 2014
The Administrative Assistant V provides support to the Chief Operating Officer. This position is responsible for a broad range of administrative support: prepares and distributes correspondence; creates reports and presentation materials in Word, Excel and PowerPoint; maintains calendars; arranges meetings and events, sets up and tracks department budgets. In addition, this position works with minimal direction on projects and assignments which involve multiple departments with information that is often confidential and sensitive. Also, acts as the liaison between the Chief Operating Officer and internal and external agencies.
- A Bachelor’s degree of higher (Must provide proof at time of interview).
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience providing administrative support to senior level management.
- Minimum of two (2) years prior experience as an administrative assistant in a healthcare or public health setting.
- Prior experience leading projects across multiple departments.
- Prior experience creating, gathering and tracking department reports.
- Prior experience managing email and written communication, generating written responses to internal and external inquiries.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint (must pass a proficiency test).
- A Master’s degree.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to analyze and negotiate complex situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work diplomatically with internal and external clientele.
- Ability to prioritize activities and plan work effectively.
Willingness to accept additional responsibilities as needed.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
This position is exempt from career service under the CCH Personnel Rules.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Requisition ID: 00115659
Post Date: April 1, 2014
Closing Date: April 22, 2014
Salary: COMPETITIVE SALARY
Location: John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
This position is no longer available.