March 24, 2014
JOB SUMMARY LOCAL 200 MEMBERS
The Administrative Assistant IV provides administrative support to the Internal Medicine Program for the Residency Program Director, Business Manager and Department Chair. This position is responsible for performing a wide range of administrative, scheduling, and report generation functions including but not limited to drafting memos, correspondence and presentations; scheduling meeting, conferences, training and events; reviewing and inputting data into the payroll timekeeping system; verifying residency for program trainees and maintaining records; generating reports as requested; acting as the administrative liaison to other departments and personnel, and greeting and directing staff and visitors. This position may also be required to coordinate activities of other clerical and volunteer staff within the department and perform other job related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent education. (must provide proof at time of interview)
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience providing administrative support to a member of middle or upper management, or for multiple managers, or for multiple departments.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience scheduling events, conferences, department wide training or other multi participant activities.
- Prior experience gathering and tracking departmental information and maintaining departmental reports, spreadsheets and databases.
- Prior experience coordinating and tracking short term projects.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. (must pass a proficiency test in Word and Excel)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Prior experience in a hospital or clinical setting.
- Prior experience with updating and validating timekeeping and payroll record.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to prioritize activities and plan work effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Degrees and transcripts from non-U.S. accredited institutions must be translated and certified to the US equivalent academic credentials by a recognized US education interpreter service.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
Requisition ID: 00115617
Post Date: March 24, 2014
Closing Date: April 7, 2014
Salary: STARTING SALARY : $25.89
Collective Bargaining Unit: RWDSU LOCAL 200
Location: John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
This position is no longer available.