March 17, 2014
JOB SUMMARY AFSCME 1111 MEMBERS
Under general direction, the Administrative Assistant (AA) will serve as staff assistant to the Department of Radiology, primarily Mammography Division. Responsibilities include but are not limited to assisting with coordination of the day-to-day activities of the mammography area; data entry; update reports; maintain inventory; prepare invoices for payment; assist with special projects; coordinate and schedule appointments; maintain the electronic patient record system; collaborate with other departments and personnel; act as receptionist and ensure visitors and patients’ needs are met; and perform all other related duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma, GED or equivalent (Must provide proof at time of interview)
- A minimum of two (2) years of prior experience providing administrative support
- Prior experience in data entry
- Basic knowledge of personal computers, internet usage and modern office equipment (e.g. Fax, Scanner, copier, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook (Must pass proficiency test)
- Prior experience in a hospital or clinical environment
- Prior experience in a radiology department
- Familiar with medical terminology
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize activities and plan work effectively
Degrees and transcripts from non-U.S. accredited institutions must be translated and certified to the US equivalent academic credentials by a recognized US education interpreter service.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Requisition ID: 00115583
Post Date: March 17, 2014
Closing Date: March 31, 2014
Salary: STARTING SALARY: $19.49
Location: Oak Forest Health Center
This position is no longer available.