Performs a variety of cleaning, stocking, and organizing responsibilities to maintain a neat, unsoiled, and safe work environment in the patient care units. Responsible for maintaining cleanliness in direct patient care areas; use disinfecting solvents as determined by instructions to clean weighing scales, dinamaps/stand, isolation carts/cabinets, emergency crash carts, IV pumps, IV poles, clean interior/exterior of unit refrigerators. Responsible for stocking the isolation cabinets, replenish supplies of gloves, and gowns. Rotates supplies as needed. Restocks and properly disposes sharp boxes. Maintains stock level of supplies and communicates to immediate supervisor items to be reordered prior to depletion. Routinely checks for outdated items and disposes as appropriate. Cleans and organizes storerooms, cabinets, and drawers. Notifies supervisor of damaged equipment, tags it, and removes from patient care area. Follows infection control guidelines in isolation areas wearing protective garb and washing hands as required. Performs other duties and special assignments as assigned.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. is required. (Must provide proof at time of interview)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical skills, problem solving skills.
- Ability to have attention to detail.
- Ability to meet work deadlines.
- Ability to withstand long periods of walking, standing, reaching, stooping, twisting, bending and turning.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 100 pounds.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
COOK COUNTY GOVERNMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Degrees and transcripts from non-U.S. accredited institutions must be translated and certified to the US equivalent academic credentials by a recognized US education interpreter service.